Pages

Wednesday 4 December 2013

The darkness

In these dark days there's not much light to squeeze activities in before work, and none after it. I dropped into Dalbeath Marsh LNR this morning to maximise any time I had, although with not high expectations - they were duly met.

A flurry of BH Gulls was around with one Common Gull. Some Long-tailed Tits flitted between the leafless trees. As I left one of the BH Gulls flew over me, revealing it had fallen foul of some lost/discarded fishing tackle. Boring as they might be to some (and declining according to one book I read recently), it's a sad fate.

one other thing worth mentioning was a couple of solo Mipits - meaning I recorded the species in every month of the year in Hill of Beath

These days I've been spending lunchtimes working on bryophytes and fungi at Cullaloe, so birds have taken the back seat, and probably will for the next year, at least until vismig time.There are fascinating worlds out there, and the more you look, the more there is.

Sunrise more south than east these days

The main "action" on show this morning

A sad fate

No comments:

Post a Comment