Pages

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Bank Holiday Weekend

Made the most of the nice weather by heading to the Isle of Arran on Saturday, where the sun shone all day. Nice Black Guillemots in Ardrossan harbour. Thought I saw a Skua briefly on the ferry but when I moved to the other side of the boat for a better view I lost it and never saw it again. A couple of Common Sandpipers were pottering about the coastline in front of Brodick Castle, and those were the birdy highlights of what wasn't a birdy trip.

On Sunday, however, the sun continued to be kind and we headed for Bass Rock, which was as spectacular as I remembered from a trip many years ago. While we were there I missed a pair of Garganey at Inverkeithing, but I have no complaints. Aside from Gannets there were plenty Puffins, Guillemots, Kittiwakes, Fulmars and Razorbills, but the Gannets are undoubtedly the star of this show.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment